This form is used when the tenant has paid a deposit to the landlord to hold a particular property with the intention of renting it. This is used before a lease is signed. The form creates a legal agreement and specifies the both the rights and obligations of both the tenant and the landlord. for Alaska(US)
This will acknowledge receipt of the sum of
as a holding deposit to hold the vacant rental property
. at
. The property will be rented to Application on a
basis at a rent of
and a security deposit of
per month, if applicant signs Landlords written lease before
and pays landlord the first month’s rent and a
security deposit on or before that date, in which event the holding deposit
applied to the first month's rent.
This Agreement depends upon Landlord receiving a satisfactory report of Applicant’s references and credit history. Landlord and Applicant agree that if Applicant fails to sign the Agreement and pay the remaining rent and security deposit, Landlord may retain of this holding deposit a sum equal to the prorated daily rent of
per day plus a
charge to compensate Landlord for the inconvenience.
Enter your details below
This form was first published on , and last updated on .
Tenant and landlord relationship in the State of Alaska is governed by The Alaska Landlord & Tenant Act. This act defines things like the security deposit. Except for units renting for more than $2,000 per month, security deposits and prepaid rents may not total more than two months’ rent. Deposits and prepaid rent must be deposited by the landlord or the property manager in a trust account in a bank or savings and loan association, or with a licensed escrow agent.

  • This publication summarizes landlord and tenant rights and obligations under Alaska law. In accordance with Alaska Statute (AS) 44.23.020(b)(8) it has been approved by the Alaska Department of Law.
  • You can reach out to the COnsumer Protection Unit, of the Alaksa Department of Law if you find that either the landlord or tenant is not acting in accordance with the law. The page lists various resources that can help you. You can find claim for damages of $10,000 or less without a lawyer in the Small Claims Court.
  • Low-income tenants can call Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) for help. If your landlord is trying to evict you, be sure you mention the eviction when you call Alaska Legal Services. Visit ALSC’s website to find the telephone number for your local ALSC office. ALSC assists clients who are facing critical civil legal issues ranging from consumer law, family law, housing problems, public benefits, healthcare, Alaska Native law, and other areas specific to veterans or the elderly.
  • This page is provided by the Alaska Bar association. It lists various kinds of lawyers and how to find a lawyer in Alaska. You can also find a list of lawyers in the state of Alaska.

Subscribe to receive the best in real-estate. Design, investment, finance and legal resources from HomeKasa.

We care about the protection of your data. Read our Privacy Policy.

What you'll get in your inbox

  • Property Owner Ideas
  • Tax, Legal and financial guides & ideas
  • Tenant and owner relationship and disputes
  • Managing expenses
  • Finding help to maintain your house
  • Staging, painting and other design ideas
No spam ever. Every two weeks